Karma is looking for a no-nonsense lots-of-nonsense software engineer that likes to get #$%^ done. With several “Start-up of the Year” awards under our belt and 1 out of 10 Swedes using Karma, the applications that you work on are making a genuine difference.
The mission of your role
As a software engineer at Karma, you will be making a big impact through building innovative applications that solve difficult and meaningful challenges. You will be a vital part of a cross-functional team where you will work with stakeholders in business, design, and engineering. At Karma you will tailor your own role that spans across the stack based on what you know and what you want to learn.
- enjoy working in TypeScript codebases
- are confident in your abilities without being cocky
- get #$% done
- are proud of what you build, but know it can and must be improved
- don’t beat around the bush, but communicate with respect
- care about your colleagues and customers
- are a curious and quick learner
- know your way around building awesome and performant software
- have at least 2 years of software development experience
Tech at Karma
We are a small team that wears many hats, and we learn on-the-job by solving challenges in order of urgency and value.
We are flexible in what systems and parts of the product we work on, collaborate across teams, and we are involved in features from inception to implementation, including polish and maintenance.
We value good code and novel solutions, but know that they’re means to an end: done is better than perfect.
Our current tech stack: TypeScript (Node, React, React Native), NextJS, Golang, GraphQL, PostgreSQL, Kubernetes (k8s), Google Cloud Platform, Git, Github Copilot, NIXOS, Buildkite.
Note that the position is hybrid remote and you need to be based in Sweden. All applications outside of Sweden will automatically be declined.